A question about Cloudimage? This is where you will most likely find your answer.
This is a short version of our FAQ, the full one is available here.
- Cloudimage was created in France, but we have team members in London, Paris, Munich, Sofia and Seoul. The service is available worldwide with 24/7 support in Europe and Asia. We use global Content Delivery Networks with over 200 data centers. Take a look at the data center map.
- The plan allowances are soft limits, so you can use up to 110% of your plan's allowance without any issue. If you have entered your credit card and billing information, we will automatically upgrade you to the next available plan. If you are on a FREE plan and have not entered your billing information, then we will contact you to discuss paid plan options. In any case, don't worry, we won't stop delivering your images straight away!
- The supported generation formats are: .jpg, .png, .gif, .tiff, .heic, .webp. We are also able to generate output images in a different format than the input to optimize the loading times (for example: WebP or PNG for an input JPG).
- Yes, you can! Your token is not linked to the domain or website you are using it on. We can also create multiple tokens for your account if you want to track statistics separately or resell Cloudimage to your customers.
Can I use Cloudimage to transform my images but keep my current storage solution (Amazon S3 bucket, web server)?
- Absolutely! By default, Cloudimage is not meant to store your images forever, and your image cache might get flushed in case your images do not get requested frequently enough. We also offer our own storage solution in the Cloud: Airstore. Feel free to contact us for more info.
Can I use Cloudimage for transforming my images but keep my current CDN provider (Akamai, Cloudfront, ... )?
- Absolutely! You can use only the image optimization and transformation parts of Cloudimage and link your current CDN to us. Feel free to contact us and an engineer from our team will help you set it up (for free!).
- It is not possible to change your token. However, you can create a CNAME entry to create a custom token. We also support HTTPS on custom domains. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and an engineer will help you set it up (yes, for free again!).
- We use Amazon CloudFront, CDNetworks, and Edgecast as CDN providers with over 200 PoPs worldwide. Check out our PoP map.
- Cloudimage supports the following transformations: width, height, crop, fit, bound, and cover, in addition to many more. The full documentation is available here.
- As per Cloudimage's architecture, your image is first downloaded from your origin storage over HTTP(s), cached, transformed and spread out to all CDN Points of Presence (PoPs). Once cached in the CDN, the image is delivered at lightspeed for every subsequent request.
- There is no limit on the origin image size. However, there is a default download timeout of 10 seconds. Hence, Cloudimage will not process your image if it takes more than 10 seconds to download from your origin storage. The timeout value is configurable—let us know if you'd like to have it increased by dropping us an email at email@example.com
- Once your images are downloaded from our resizing infrastructure, they are processed and cached on SSD storage. This storage is non persistent, therefore Cloudimage requires you to keep a copy of the original image available via HTTP(s). Contact us if you need persistent storage, we also have a solution for that: AirStore :).
- No worries, we won't stop delivering your images. You can either upgrade to the next available plan by logging in to your admin portal or contact us to agree upon a CUSTOM plan.
- The easiest way to subscribe to a paid plan is to select a plan from your admin portal and enter your credit card details under the 'Billing' tab. You will be invoiced and automatically billed on the 1st of every month. You can also select to be billed annually and benefit from a discount. Finally, you can also pay via bank transfer—please contact us for more detail
- There are multiple ways to flush / replace an image : (A) Simply add a query string parameter to your image URL, for example: https://doc.cloudimg.io/s/crop/200x200/sample.li/boat.jpg?v2 - (B) Use the invalidation API documented here. Contact us per email to get your API key.
< -plugin:faq-v0-> (q)(/q) <-end->